Pilates is based on the teachings of Joseph Pilates. The principles being to create a method of body conditioning, combining a series of stretching, strengthening and lengthening muscles to improve posture and flexibility leading to unity between body and mind.
Hot Fitness Pilates
Hot Fitness Pilates then incorporates this with the benefits of working with heat to give another dimension to clients training, further enhancing the wonderful benefits of Pilates. Classes are taken in small studios with temperatures between 35-40 deg C so greater than core temperatures.
The Benefits of Hot Fitness
- Exercising in the heat helps to burn more calories by increasing metabolism helping to breakdown those fats we all love to lose. It also helps to improve circulation and blood flow.
- Heat helps the muscles to get into postures more deeply and effectively, and produce a greater range of movement in joints, muscles and ligaments, so improvement in ability and technique will be made much sooner in heat.
- Sweating helps the body cleanse itself and clears bacteria out of the skin.
- The process of sweating helps improve circulation and gives the skin a fresh look and feel.
- Enhances balance and co-ordination. Helps to relieve stress and tension, promotes relaxation, so great for improved mental health and a tremendous feel good factor by the end of the class, and a fabulous night’s sleep after your Hot Fitness Pilates class!
Attending a Class
- Come early to class to give yourself time to get used to the heat.
- Bring along plenty of water, taking regular sips before, during and after the class.
- Bring a towel to place on your mat.
- Allow 2-3 hours after eating before taking a hot Pilates class.
We hope you will love your hot classes but heat doesn’t suit everyone so if you feel uncomfortable in the heat then, of course, leave the class but please don’t then immediately come back into the group as your body will have cooled down. Instead maybe try again another time.
Tuesdays 10-11am Ladies only (starts 10th March)
Thursdays 18:00-19:00 Open class